How to Cancel Your Gatlinburg Timeshare
This family-centric town is where memories are made. In 1934 when the Great Smoky Mountain Park was open to the public, tourism really started booming. Since then, the mountain town has grown by leaps and bounds. If you enjoy the mountains of Tennessee along with outdoor adventures, purchasing a timeshare in Gatlinburg was probably an easy choice for you. But most people who buy into timeshares don’t understand the degree of debt in which they’re getting themselves into. If you are unsure how to cancel your Gatlinburg timeshare, then fill out the short form below to learn more.
Take Our Short Quiz and Start Living Life Timeshare Free 🏖️ 💰 ✈️
Tennessee Timeshare Exit Law
Although the buyer does have the right to cancel within ten days of signing the contract, it can only be official if the buyer has made an onsite inspection of the property. If no inspection was done, then the buyer has 15 days to cancel in writing.
Retrace History Along The Trails
Once you arrive in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, you’ll be transported back to a time where life was simpler. Walk along the Indian Gap Trail, where travelers climb approximately 3,000 feet, ascending through a northern hardwood forest to reach the fragrant evergreen spruce-fir forest. In addition to hiking the trail, history buffs will enjoy visiting all the other historical sites around Gatlinburg.
Something for Everyone
People love Gatlinburg, Tennessee, for all kinds of reasons.
The Entire Family
- If Zorbing in the Smokies sounds fun to you, then grab a giant hamster ball at Gravity Park and roll down several twisty hills and courses.
- At Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies, Marvel at every creature of the ocean without getting wet! From playful penguins to fierce-looking sharks,
- The mountain Coaster ride in the Smoky Mountains whisks you down the side of a mountain at exhilarating yet safe speeds.
- Treehouse Grove is a new resort in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, which consists entirely of treehouses. Not only does each treehouse have jacuzzis and wrap-around decks, but they are smack in the middle of the Great Smokies.
- If you’re looking for the perfect place to propose, take her/him/they/them to the Gatlinburg Space Needle, where 360-degree views of the night sky and city lights will make for a proposal to remember.
- For a romantic outing, lace up your skates, hold hands, and glide across the ice at Ober Gatlinburg.
- The Magnolia is a family-owned mountain retreat where no detail is left undone. There’s magic in the panoramic backdrop that the Smoky mountains provide.
- Wedding Chapel by the Stream features a gazebo, covered bridge, view of the mountain stream, and stained-glass windows.
- The Enchanted Valley Barn is a unique venue offering an ideal setting for true country chic weddings.
Best Haunt Tours in Gatlinburg
- Ghost and Haunt Tour! Firstly, stop at haunted hotels and buildings around town and listen to cautionary tales about the ghosts who live in them. Then, grab a flashlight and watch your step as you meander through graves at White Oak Flats Cemetery while listening to ghastly tales.
- Ghost Walk of Gatlinburg takes you down dark alleys and side streets while you listen to local legends and historical facts about the death and betrayal of local residents.
- The Mysterious Mansion is the spookiest of all. Make your way through dark rooms and secret bookcase stairwells while paid actors or real ghosts jump out to scare you!
- The Greenbrier Restaurant is said to be one of the most haunted places in town. Keep an eye open for Lydia, whose life came to a tragic end by suicide when she was left standing the alter, not realizing her betrothed was eaten by a mountain lion the night before.
Choose Secondary Market Sites
Canceling your timeshare opens up more travel options. As a non-owner, you will discover alternatives to timeshare ownership, like renting timeshares either directly through the resorts or on an affiliate site. And you’ll be surprised how much year-round availability you’ll find once you get rid of your timeshare contract.
Armed Forces Vacation Club Condo rentals in the most popular Gatlinburg resorts start at $309 for the week.
Red Week is a site where timeshare owners list their units/weeks for rent in hopes of recouping some of the costs of ownership. During your timeshare presentation, I’m almost certain that not one person told you about secondary sites. A sales presentation is all about closing the deal, even if lying by omission is the name of their game.
The Armed Forces Vacation Club Qualifications
As mentioned above, the AFVC is a secondary market site where almost every 7-night vacation is a steal. While a lot of folks think that you must be an active military member to get these deals, that’s just not so. View their rules for membership are as follows: Free membership for all current, veterans, and retired members of the United States military; including Gold Star families and Civilian employees of the DoD, Association of the US Army (AUSA) members, and the immediate families of all the above. Check to see if your Gatlinburg timeshare is on their list and compare prices.
- Cookie Dough Bliss is a veteran-owned shop that offers many different ways to enjoy cookie dough. Also, every sugary delight is handmade, even the ice cream!
- The Apple Valley Creamery smells so delightful, and we’d be willing to sit in that shop for an hour for the smell alone. Order the chunky fresh apple ice cream, trust us.
- The Chocolate Monkey has perfected candy and fudge making. Before they opened in 2009, they asked the locals around town for their best sweet recipes. The whole community helped launch the popular confectionary.
Timeshares in Gatlinburg
- River Terrace Resort and Convention Center sits next to Ripley’s Aquarium. Sit by the outdoor fireplace with friends and breathe in the fresh mountain air. Also, the 25,000 square feet hall is perfect for reunions, retreats, and weddings.
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Water Park with both indoor and outdoor wet and wild fun parks.
- Gatlinburg Town Square is a short walk to the Sky Lift cable car station. Here you’ll find a swimming pool complete with a waterfall.
Holiday Inn Club Vacations
- Smoky Mountain Resort offers one-, two- and three-bedroom villas with modern décor. There are many HICV properties to enjoy around the globe.
- Diamond Resort’s Town Square Phase I and II have their own aerial tramway soaring 2,675 feet above the city with the Great Smoky Mountains’ breathtaking beauty. Enjoy your own fireplace in the city center too.
- Town Village is where snowbirds gather to ski the nearby mountain slopes. It’s also off the beaten path, so you’ll enjoy a much more peaceful stay.
Secret Cooking Classes in Gatlinburg
- The Fox Trot Bed and Breakfast Cooking School is actually inside the Fox Trot B&B and not well advertised. Prepare delicious dishes alongside a Food Network Chef who offers culinary secrets to aspiring chefs.
- The Buck Horn Inn has a 1 ½ hour cooking class followed by lunch served on the veranda overlooking majestic Smokies. Come and enjoy the pleasure of learning something new with a friend, partner, or by yourself.
How to Get Rid of your Gatlinburg Timeshare
Once you talk with our helpful exit specialist, then they can get a better idea of how to help you exit your timeshare safely. They’ll create a personalized timeshare cancellation plan for you based on your situation. Check us out on the Better Business Bureau website, and then give us a call or text. We are here for you! Please take a few minutes to fill out this basic questionnaire or call us toll-free at 1-800-604-3989.